Did you hear? Altenew is turning Five!! Join the hop for tons of inspiration, prizes, and special offers! If you made your way here from the lovely Kristina Pokazanieva’s blog, then you’re right on track.
Today we’re celebrating our Altenew favorites. If you follow me, then you know one of my all time favorite color families is Sea Shores.
Whether it’s ink pads, watercolor pans, brush markers, alcohol markers, or ink sprays I love them all!!
I was lucky enough to snag Altenew Artist Markers Set D in January and I put those babies through their paces for today’s card.
I saw such amazing inspiration when Beautiful Peony was released that I just had to color it up. Here’s the thing though I’m not a seasoned colorist and these are intricate flowers! Based on this card, I “think” I should stop calling myself a beginner colorist because I really impressed myself with the outcome. But, I still feel like a beginner!
I love a challenge, so I decided to do some no-line coloring. Stamping in Mountain Mist, the lightest color ink from the Sea Shores Crisp Dye Ink collection allowed the stamped lines to disappear. Gotta love how all Altenew mediums coordinate!
The video below shows the speed coloring of one flower with some voice-over tips.
In true Amber fashion, I got stray ink on the center of my card. I had only colored a few petals, but I was not starting over. So, I grabbed the Beautiful Peony Mask Stencil Set (best product evah!) and masked the flowers.
Since I had stamped 2 of the largest flower I had to cut an additional mask. Once the flowers were masked, I lined up the Gradient Stripes Stamp Set to ensure it covered my stray ink splotch and stamped several times in Permanent Black Ink.
I was loving the look of those bold stripes against the flowers, but I set the card aside for 1 week before I felt I could tackle another flower. Lol! It took me an hour to color 1 flower. No way I was doing them all in one sitting. ;o) Hey, I said I wasn’t seasoned.
Once my coloring fatigue subsided, I finished up the flowers and added thanks die cut from Altenew Signature Words Die Set. I cut it twice, once each from Mirror Gold cardstock and Jet Black cardstock.
I didn’t add any other embellishments, just a clean and simple almost 1 layer card. I hope you enjoyed this card today and have a blast celebrating Altenew’s 5th Anniversary. Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be creative and Breathe · Ink · Inspire.
As always supplies are linked below as well as the next stop on the hop. Altenew is running the special below for a limited time, so be sure to check that out.
Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $50 Altenew Gift Certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 Class Spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 2 $100 Altenew Gift Certificates
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 Prize Bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- Pretty Pink Posh: 2 $50 Gift Certificates
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 Gift Certificate
- Blitsy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Class Spots
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Chameleon Art Products: 1 Pack of 5 Chameleon Pens
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 Copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2019 Issue
- WOW! Embossing Powder: $20 Gift Certificate
- Simply Cards & Papercraft: 1 Copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft Spring 2019 Issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/12/2019 for a chance to win! 33 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Blog on 4/20/2019.