Learn how to make 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments. These sturdy 3-dimensional embellishments are perfect for cards, scrapbook pages, jewelry pendants, cake toppers, and more!
All the details on how to make 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments are in this short cardmaking video tutorial. Watch here or in HD on YouTube. While you’re there I’d love it if you like, subscribe, and share it with your crafty friends!
3D WOW! Melt-It Embellishments
This is my first time using WOW! Melt-It and I’m excited to explore this 3-dimensional medium more!
WOW! Melt-It is a clear super fine embossing powder extender. Melt-It heats and melts faster than any other embossing powder. Mix it with your favorite embossing powders, glitters, and Changers to create unique 3-dimensional embellishments.
Tools & Supplies For WOW! Melt-Its
There are a few tools and supplies you need to create WOW! Melt-It embellishments.
- WOW! Melt-It powder
- WOW! Dual Speed Heat Tool – or another heat tool
- WOW! Foil Melt-It Case
- Tonic Nuvo Craft Spoon – or another small metal spoon
- Silicone mold
- Craft spatula – heat resistant spatula is advised
Silicone Candy Molds
Silicone molds are fabulous for this WOW! Melt-It technique. I used a silicone candy mold I picked up from Amazon. There are loads of options and I linked a couple below.
My finished WOW! 3D Melt-It card embellishments are about the thickness of the popped up sentiments. So, if you’re planning on using your 3D Melt-It embellishments on your papercraft be mindful of how deep the molds are.
How To Mix WOW! Melt-It
The possibilities are truly endless for the color and texture of your 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments. Especially with the addition of WOW! Changers. Here are the formulas I used today.
For each mixture 1 scoop = the round scoop on the Tonic Nuvo Craft spoon. That is less than an eighth of a teaspoon.
Melt-It Purple Letters
- 2 scoops Melt-It
- 2 scoops Primary Purple Orchid
- 1 scoop Changers Glisten
Melt-It Green Letters
- 2 scoops Melt-It
- 2 scoops Primary Chartreuse
- 1 scoop Changers Sheen
Melt-It Glitter Hearts
- 6 scoops Melt-It
- 3 scoops Eco-Sparkles Anemone
- 1 scoop Primary Purple Orchid
After examining the results, I felt I could have reduced the amount of colored embossing powder and Eco-Sparkles in these mixtures. The embellishments were pretty dark, especially the hearts. So feel free to play around with your mixtures for desired results.
WOW! Melt-It Tips
This was my first time using WOW! Melt-It, I’ll share some tips from my experience.
- Plastic spatulas can melt. Use a metal or heat resistant spatula.
- Use tweezers or clothespin to hold the foil case, it gets hot.
- Crimp the WOW! Foil Melt-It Case to create a pouring spout.
- Mix well and shake all the powder to the bottom near the pouring spout before melting.
- Continue to apply heat while pouring to keep the mixture flowing.
- If the mixture hardens in the mold before you flatten it with a spatula, apply gentle heat.
- If your embellishments are disfigured, put them back into the Foil Melt-It Case, melt again, and remold.
- Have fun!
Now that you know the method and tips and tricks to creating 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments, are you ready to create your own?
Use this 10% discount code WOWDTARD along with the supply list below to get all the goodies you need to start creating!
Make Heat Embossed Embellishments
Have you ever tried making embellishments with embossing powder and heat embossing?
Learn how in this short post & video.
If you love it, pin it, and share it with your crafty friends! Visit me on Pinterest for more design inspiration, patterns, and color combinations.
If you fancy supporting my blog and YouTube channel, please use the compensated affiliate links below at no cost to you. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support which helps me host my blog and bring you new content!